วันพุธที่ 22 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2555

Cuisipro 5 Piece Size Measuring Spoon It's does what it was made to do : measure odd measurements


They work - what more do you want?, We added these to the cooking draw since it seemed like the one set we had was in the dishwasher whenever we wanted it. As a second set, we like the idea of the "odd" sizes. We have found it is a nice complement to our standard set and that having two sets in general reduces hassle. Quality is nice, but it is a set of measuring spoons, not a fine car (so I don't get to hung up on that).
Extremely handy, Very handy if you're an amateur cook that serves various cuisines, and these spoons fit inside the regular spoon set if you like. Clever.
Non Standard Sizes, There are five measuring spoons, but in very strange sizes. This is a European company and they have converted the metric measures to English equivalent. If you are using the metric system, great, but if you are using an English system cooking book, for example, anything in the US, then these will be useless. There isn't even a tablespoon measurement.
It's does what it was made to do : measure odd measurements, Really handy measuring spoons. They come in handy when I have to measure alot of small complicated measurements. I love the pinch and smidgen spoons they are great. I gave it four stars because it's kinda greyish and old looking not really stainless like it's sister rival the odd sized measuring cups by the same company, those are heavy duty and polished. Overall they may not be pretty and polished as others but they sure are useful.
Supplements standard set but definitely not perfectly or economically, I bought both the standard Cuisipro measuring spoon set (1/8 tsp, 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp & 1 Tblsp) and this one ("pinch", 1/8 tsp, 2/3 tsp, 1-1/2 tsp and 2 tsp) thinking they would fully complement one another. They don't. I am now the proud owner of two of the 1/8 tsp spoons. That's not the size I would have chosen to have two of. Meanwhile, while this set includes a 2/3 tsp, there is no 1/3 tsp in either set. A 1/3 tsp is immeasurably more useful than a 2/3 tsp, if you have to choose, since you can always dip the 1/3 tsp twice if you need 2/3 tsp of an ingredient, but it's very difficult to eyeball half the 2/3 tsp if you only need 1/3 tsp.

The spoons themselves are nicely made, but I would not have bought this set at all had the regular set included a 1/2 Tblsp, which is really the only "odd size" spoon I wanted, and which if you do a lot of baking you know is not that odd at all. It's in here under the name "1-1/2 tsp", since a Tablespoon is equivalent to three teaspoons. But not everyone knows that -- certainly a lot of novice cooks do not -- so it would have been nice to have the spoon marked accordingly.

I can take a "pinch" with my fingers and don't really need a spoon to do that, nor do I need a "2 tsp" spoon when I can just dip the 1 tsp twice if I need that much.

I haven't decided whether to send them all back. It's annoying to pay an additional $11.95 over the initial $12.95 just to get one spoon I need, and a bunch more I don't, including the duplicate. Considering that out of the two sets, there are only six spoons I really need, that are truly useful and not redundant, they are costing me more than $4 per spoon. I think that's a bit high regardless of how well made they are.

ADDENDUM:
I found the Culinary Institute of America's spoons (search for "CIA 6 Piece Measuring Spoon Set") and decided to return the two Cuisipro sets and get that instead, at $19.95 for the exact six sizes I want. And it's what the pros use.
Odd size measuring spoons,   name="R39YJ3PH2D9I28.2115.Helpful.Reviews" style="font-size:1px;"> name="R39YJ3PH2D9I28.2115.Inappropriate.Reviews" style="font-size:1px;"> |
name="R55N7P11TBH8G">
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
Odd Size Measuring Spoons, Very good quality. More usefull sizes than other odd-size measuring spoons. Enables me to get more consistent results with old and downsized recipes.
Better than I expected, While I thought this set was going to be useful, it's even more useful than I thought. Half of a Tablespoon is 1-1/2 teaspoons. It used to drive me made when a recipe asked for 1-1/2 Tbsp because I'd have to drag out three spoons to measure. The pinch and dash are not as useful, I think, although they are apparently technically 1/16th tsp and 1/8th tsp. At those amounts, I can just use my fingers.

The shape of the spoons is useful too because the narrowness lets me put them into those annoyingly narrow spice jars.

Now I wish I could get the regular Cuisipro measuring spoons, except they apparently only come with measuring cups, which I don't need.

  • Made of heavyweight 18/10 stainless steel
  • Five measuring spoons for pinch, 1/8, 2/3, 1-1/2, and 2 teaspoons
  • Oval shapes fit into spice jars
  • Handles fasten together by removable clip
  • Handle-ends curl to prop spoons flat without spilling contents

  • Made of heavyweight 18/10 stainless steel.Five measuring spoons for pinch, 1/8, 2/3, 1-1/2, and 2 teaspoons.Oval shapes fit into spice jars.Handles fasten together by removable clip.Handle-ends curl to prop spoons flat without spilling contents. Oval shape designed to fit into narrow bottles. Spoons sit on the counter without tipping over. The unique sizes include: pinch, 1/8, 2/3, 1 1/2, 2 tsps. sizes..

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น