วันพุธที่ 4 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2555

chefgadget Dough Mixer 11 Inch I prefer a wooden spoon, myself

Dough Mixer - 11 Inch
Dough Mixer - 11 Inch Read more...

  • 11" in Length
  • Beech wood handle
  • Stainless steel wire

  • A nifty tool The first time I used my dough mixer I was in love. It's easy to clean but definitely do it right away. The dough bits do get caught up at the join. I have a nail brush at my kitchen sink specifically for gadgets that collect little bits of food that normal washing doesn't catch.I do own both sizes and find the 11 inch is easier for me to use. I have a tendency to over mix and right off the bat develop the gluten to far. My biscuits in the past could be used for hockey pucks not anymore. Pancakes no longer find a home in the compost pile. I always use it for my breads even if I'm going to knead them with my mixer and my breads are definitely better.I came very close to giving away the 14 inch until I was making sausage one day. I finally was able to mix in the spices thoroughly without the meat getting mashed and overheated. Then I tried it with my meatballs and meatloaf what a difference. Since I'm barely 5'3 it is more difficult to use. But it comes with a larger size whisk and I think that's why it's my go to tool for sausage and meatballs.The handle should have been finished properly. It is rough. I lightly sanded mine and used some mineral oil so I don't consider it an issue to give the item 4 stars.
    great whisk! Whisk is a very good kitchen utensil. No longer spending time washing up the Kitchen Aid just to mix up dough. Very well made will get the 15 later but this one works fine.
    Nofrills but functional It's a dough whisk or dough mixer. It's a stick with some stiff wire at the end. It ain't fancy but it gets the job done well. It's light and has held up to some pretty stiff dough. I've been baking and mixing dough every day for about three weeks now and it has held up without complaint. I'm giving it 4 stars because the handle isn't very smooth. True it's inexpensive but that doesn't mean the manufacturer should skimp on something as small as sanding the handle. Dough can get thick so you've got to apply some force to this thing. If I'm applying force to a rough wooden handle I find it feels more like a garden rake than a kitchen tool.It's a good product overall but could use a little tweaking.
    Works well I use this to mix big batch of dough like the artisan bread in 5 recipe and it works very well. It's easier than using a spoon or spatula because the dough doesn't stick to it as much and I don't have to scrape a bunch of dough off a spoon after I'm done. It still takes some effort to mix the dough but that's a given Happy with it overall.
    I prefer a wooden spoon myself I bought this for mixing bread dough on the recommendation of the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day crowd.I have to admit I prefer a regular wooden spoon mainly because the dough hook is harder to clean. I don't find the dough hook much easier to use for mixing dough either not that the wooden spoon is particularly difficult to use for this. However the dough hook works ad advertised.For what it is this dough hook is well made however I probably wouldn't buy again.
    Okaybut not really necessary I agree with another reviewerI find it takes only slightly more effort when mixing dough with a good ol spatula than with this gadget. There seems to be an addiction to kitchen gadgets and equipment. If you make THAT much dough then you'd be using a stand mixer. For occassional bread/pizza dough making a spatula and a bowl works just fine. Last thing I need is more clutter in the kitchen.
    Stronger than expected Arrived when expected packaged well. Very sturdy. It seems it could handle fairly thick mixing without breaking or the metal bending. I like that the metal parts are easy to clean and I am able to remove residual dough easily.
    Works as advertised Now I don't have to use my hand mixer. Clean up is a breeze. Recommended for frequent bread bakers. Spoons do not work very well for this kind of mixing.
    Makes mixing dough a breeze! I'm loving my dough mixer. I make bread and pizza several times a week and this makes mixing the dough much easier.
    dough mixer I was looking for something I could mix bread dough with by hand and this dough mixer is the perfect tool! It's easy to use and mixes it well.
    Read more...



    Related Products

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น